Flexibility is a major priority for travellers today. Over half of travellers who responded to a recent
Expedia Group survey said they would not book non-refundable accommodation, even if it was
A flexible policy can make all the difference between someone booking your listing, or another
property’s listing. On Expedia Group sites, your property will display ‘Free cancellation’ in traveller
search results. This draws attention to your listing visually, and helps you stand out from the
A refundable rate also gives travellers increased confidence to book with you, and peace of mind in
case their plans change. In a recent survey, travellers told us that the ability to cancel and get a full
refund if their plans change is one of their top considerations when booking travel.*
We recommend a 100% refund for cancellations within a short window (two days or less) before the stay date to give travellers maximum flexibility.**
Ready to get started? It only takes a few clicks to enhance your listing in your Hotelnet extranet!
Here how to do it:
1. Log into your CRS extranet.
2. Under “Rates and availability” select the “Rate Plans” option.
3. Click on “Insert New Plan” and follow all the necessary steps, remembering to select a refundable cancellation policy (to create one go to the “Hotel Configurations” section under “Sales Conditions“).
4. Enter prices, close-outs and restrictions.
5. Log into your personal Expedia Group Partner Central page and create a new rate plan with the same characteristics as the one you just created on our CRS.
6. To make the new plan active and bookable contact us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now the new rate plan is visible and bookable by
travelers using Expedia Group!
*Source: Expedia Group, 2023 Traveller Value Index
**Contact your Expedia Group Market Manager for additional guidance.